Support the 2017-2018 Immigration Justice Giving Project
The 2017-2018 Immigration Justice Giving Project brings together 23 activists, cultural workers, students, mothers, musicians, nonprofit administrators, plant lovers, counselors, and more. Many of us are immigrants. Among our loved ones are refugees, green card holders, DACA recipients, US citizens, and people without US documents. We have ties to hundreds of places, including India, Chicago, Texas, China, Michoacan, Bellevue, Laos, the DRC, Boston, Ecuador, and the Philippines. We’ve come together to move resources to the folks who are building grassroots power and leading the struggle for migrant justice.
We are committed to advancing migrant justice in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming — in rural, suburban and urban communities — by:
1. raising $225,000 to fund groups that are building immigrant power through community organizing
2. developing a shared analysis of racism and classism as they shape the conversation on immigration and impact our grant-making process
3. making our own meaningful gifts to the Immigration Justice Giving Project
4. cultivating a multi-racial, cross-class community with a collective commitment to migrant justice
Throughout this process, we will rely on each other and on the community we’re building, because social justice cannot be achieved by one individual – it takes all of us.
WHY IMMIGRATION JUSTICE?
This grant will support organizations working for immigrant rights and racial justice in this new era of increasing anti-immigrant legislation, xenophobic and Islamophobic hate crimes, surveillance, detention, mass deportation, and threats of a Muslim registry. This grant seeks to support organizations working to end systemic discrimination, criminalization and harassment of immigrant and refugee communities to build a future that values human dignity and respect for all.
These are two-year, general operating grants.
To find out more about the types of work our grants will support, please see this list of previous Social Justice Fund grantees working for immigration justice.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT US?
We are so glad you asked! You can do any of the following to support us:
- Donate to our giving project to help fund crucial immigration justice work in our region.
- Donate at this LINK and put “Immigration Justice Giving Project” in the comments box.
- If you were asked by a giving project member, make sure you include their name in the comments field as well.
- If you want to know more about this work, contact a giving project member! Or contact our group and someone will set up a time to meet with you.
- You can also contact Project Manager, Karen Toering: email@example.com.
- Ask others to donate to our giving project.
Contributions to Social Justice Fund’s Immigration Justice Giving Project are tax deductible. We accept donations by credit/debit card, electronic funds transfer, cash, check, stock, donor advised funds, and planned giving. Please go here for more information on how to give.