Job Description: Donor Systems Coordinator
(Application Deadline: March 15, 2019)
Social Justice Fund NW is a member-funded foundation that supports the creation of a just society through fundraising, grantmaking, and member involvement. The foundation provides essential resources to organizations in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming to strengthen grassroots efforts in the broad-based movement for progressive, systemic social change.
Employment Type: Full-Time Staff, non-exempt
Salary: $21.00 to $23.00 hourly plus full benefits, including health and dental insurance, vacation, sick leave, retirement plan, and transit pass.
Location: Seattle, WA
Reports to: Development Director
Social Justice Fund is seeking a detail-oriented Donor Systems Coordinator to help support Social Justice Fund’s fundraising, grantmaking and donor-organizing efforts, and play an important role in our Development Team.
SJF is undergoing substantial growth. We need an energetic, process-driven Donor Systems Coordinator with a strong database management background and demonstrated understanding of development principles, and who harbors a passion for social justice, to support this amazing work.
This position works closely with the Development Director and is part of a collaborative team based in Seattle and Portland. We are looking for an individual who relishes the technical aspects of database management, process development and execution, donor stewardship and communication, gift processing and event support. This position offers an incredible opportunity for a development professional to work with an organization firmly rooted in social justice values.
Qualifications and Qualities
- 2+ years of development/fundraising/administrative experience in a non-profit setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (esp. Excel) and experience with donor management databases (Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus)
- High level of detail orientation and organization
- Interest in systematization of processes
- Event planning experience
- Excellent phone and written communication skills
- Experience providing great service to members or constituents
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice issues
- Ability to work with a team on a variety of tasks
- Sense of humor
- Individual, one-on-one fundraising experience including donor cultivation and retention
- Communications experience
- Web and/or graphic design skills
- Experience with SJF members and/or grantees
Duties and Responsibilities
Database Management (50%)
Approximately 2,500 donors make gifts to Social Justice Fund through Giving Project fundraising efforts, annual appeals and individual asks each year. Approximately 1,000 of those are new donors. Critical to the utility of our 15,000 record database are the following tasks:
- Input and update accounts in donor database.
- Run reports for donor updates, acknowledgements and pledge reminders.
- Work closely with all other staff to collect and maintain up-to-date information about donors.
- Work closely with Development Director and other staff to develop and improve systems for tracking and managing data about Giving Project members and donors.
Donor Stewardship and Communications (30%)
- In partnership with the Development Director, support the development of a sustainable and growing funding base through assistance with development, coordination, and implementation of a diversified fundraising program with creative methods and a primary focus on individual donors.
- Assist with member retention through coordinating member-wide mailings and electronic communications (annual reports, seasonal donor appeals, renewals).
- Create and send acknowledgements and information update requests for all donors.
- Help draft and send regular email communication to membership.
- Assist in coordinating annual dinner/celebration.
- Assist in coordinating additional member engagement/cultivation events throughout the year (including managing RSVPs, agendas, materials, food, venue, child care).
- Perform other tasks as identified by the Development Director
To Apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll begin reviewing applications March 1, with a hard deadline of March 15. In your cover letter, be sure to explain why you would like to work at Social Justice Fund and what qualifies you for this particular position.
Social Justice Fund NW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, LGBTQ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply. We actively recruit, and support the retention and advancement of, persons of diverse backgrounds within the organization. We believe that having a board, staff, and membership with diverse identities and backgrounds enhances our ability to meet our mission and creates a vibrant environment where individuals can learn, grow and thrive. To that end, we are committed to fostering a workplace culture where all employees are equally included, valued, and supported.