UPDATE: Deadline extended to Sept. 21 for Black Led Organizing grants
Social Justice Fund provides essential resources to organizations in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming to strengthen grassroots efforts in the broad-based movement for progressive, systemic social change.
We have three exciting grant opportunities coming up with deadlines in August and September. Please help spread the word to organizations that fit our funding criteria and visit our website for more detailed information on how to apply for grants.
- Environmental Justice Grant (Deadline: Aug. 23, 2018 at 5 pm PST) — Two-year grant of $10,000 per year. The Environmental Justice grant will support organizations working for equitable access to a clean and healthy environment by and for communities most impacted by environmental racism and climate change…Read More
- Gender Justice Grant (Deadline: Sept. 6, 2018 at 5 pm PST) — Two-year grant of $10,000/per year. This grant will fund community organizing which works for a world where all people — especially women, girls, transgender and gender non-conforming people — are able to identify and express their gender and sexual orientation without fear, discrimination or harm, and have the economic, social, and political power and resources to make healthy decisions for themselves, their families and their communities in all areas of their lives…Read More
- Black Led Organizing Grant (Deadline EXTENDED: Sept. 21, 2018 at 5 pm PST) — Two-year grant of $10,000/per year. This grant will support community organizing led by and for Black communities and communities of African descent who are working to end anti-Black racism and discrimination, support and invest in Black leadership, and sustain movements for Black liberation…Read More
- Rapid Response & Seed Grants (Deadline: Rolling) — **These funds are available from Feb-Nov 2018 or until funds are spent down** Small grants of $2,000 to support urgent and timely responses to changing conditions and to resource new and emerging groups…Read More
Want to learn more? Join an upcoming online info session for prospective grantees:
Is your group interested in applying for a Giving Project grant? Join an online info session with time for Q&A to learn about SJF’s current grant opportunities and tips for submitting a successful application.
- Black Led Organizing Grant Info Session: Friday, June 29, 2018 from 12-1pm PDT
- Giving Project Grants Info Session: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 from 10am-11am PDT
To join an online Info Session please RSVP HERE
. After you RSVP, you’ll receive an email with the login/call-in information.