The 2019-2020 Economic Justice Giving Project wrapped up in June of 2020.
Learn more about the grantees from this project here.
As the racial wealth gap grows, it is necessary to support work that addresses the structural problems that face low-income communities, families, and workers. This Giving Project funds organizations and groups that work at the intersection of race, class, and gender to develop solutions that produce thriving and economically just communities.
Giving project structure
- All Giving Projects have the same basic structure:
- A cross-class, multiracial group of 15-25 volunteers commits to the entire process.
- Each person makes a meaningful gift — whatever that means for you.
- Through workshops and trainings we develop a shared analysis of race, class, and the issue focus of this Giving Project.
- We train you in grassroots fundraising and provide lots of hands-on support as you raise money from your friends and family.
- We train you in our grantmaking process and support you as you read and score proposals, participate in site visits, make collective deicisions, and move money to some of the most inspiring, effective social change work in the region.