Support the 2017-2018 Economic Justice Giving Project in Seattle!
WHO IS IN THE 2017-18 ECONOMIC JUSTICE GIVING PROJECT IN SEATTLE?
The 2017-18 Economic Justice Giving Project consists of Seattle and Tacoma locals, newcomers to the area, tech workers, church ladies, educators, art lovers, parents, public health workers, soccer fans, and students. We are deeply invested in working together to move resources towards the economic justice movement in the Northwest region.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Our group is committed to supporting community organizers in the northwest region by:
raising $230,000 to fund organizations working for economic justice through grassroots community organizing
- becoming donors ourselves to the Economic Justice Giving Project
- actively building a network and community to further social justice
We will rely on each other and the community we are building because social justice cannot be tackled by one individual–it takes all of us.
WHY ECONOMIC JUSTICE?
These two-year, general operating grants will support organizations working for economic justice around our five-state region: Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming.
This grant cycle will fund work that addresses the root causes of structural and economic inequities faced by low-income communities, workers, and families. This grant will fund organizations who use an intersectional lens of race, class, and gender and use community-led solutions to create thriving and economically just communities.
To find out more about the types of work our grants will support, please see this list of previous Social Justice Fund grantees.
HOW CAN YOU SUPPORT US?
We are so glad you asked! You can do any of the following to support us:
- Donate to our giving project to help fund crucial leadership development work in our region.
- Donate at this LINK and put “Economic Justice Giving Project Seattle” in the comments box.
- If you were asked by a giving project member, make sure you include their name in the comments field as well.
- If you want to know more about this work, contact a giving project member!
Or contact our group and someone will HAPPILY meet with you and talk about why we are doing this work and what economic justice in community organizing looks like.
- You can also contact our Project Manager, Magan Do: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask others to donate to our giving project. Send them to this page to donate!
Contributions to Social Justice Fund’s Economic Justice Giving Project are tax deductible. We also accept donations by check, stock, donor advised funds, and planned giving. Please go here for more information on how to give.